Monday, January 18, 2016

Dream Come True

Last month I was honored to be the operator of the screen used R2-D2 from Star Wars Episode VI, The Force Awakens. R2 ran down the red carpet, alongside fellow droid C3P0, appeared onstage with the entire cast, was a photo op at the after party, and the following day appeared in the group photo in front of a Boeing Dreamliner painted as R2-D2.

For me this was a childhood dream come true, and the adventure of a lifetime. Everyone was kind and approachable, and excited to be a part of the largest premiere in Hollywood history. Special thanks to my friends at Lucasfilm and Disney who have given me so many opportunities. You are the best people to work for hands down. Thank you!


At the beginning of the red carpet.
 The whole event took place inside this tent...over 1/4 mile long!
 The fans and media loved the droids.

I was pointing out a mutual friend to George Lucas.
 My view from stage right inside the Dolby Theater.




The droid team! Matt Denton / Josh Lee (BB-8), C3P0 and Myself.
 Daisy Ridley was kind enough to take a photo with my camera. So sweet!



Lupita Nyong'o, Gwendoline Christie, and Oscar Issac
 Mark Hamill
 With Mark Hamill...another very kind person.

9 comments:

  1. I’d really love to be a part of group where I can get advice from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thank you!
    roboty wedo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, This is one of the best part of the Star Wars, I went with my family and my daughter is a huge fan of this movie, I get first day first show tickets for my family and we had a blast together.

    Thanks you for sharing !
    Vancouver public relations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robots GK-Robotics is that the field of technology that deals and includes the study of planning, building and operation of electro-mechanical machines which may be controlled or guided by computer virus or electronic circuitries. robots gk is faster than human. the economic artificial intelligence could be a field that deals with the planning and study of the robots that area unit used for the producing processes within the industries (formally the manipulators). the economic robots notice their numerous applications like that of attachment, assembly, grab decide and place, ironing, testing and review of the merchandise, painting. and every one these works area unit finished high speed, preciseness and speed. the foremost ordinarily used industrial robots configurations area unit frame robots, articulated robots and SCARA robots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have also visited that event. It was really great event and I really love it. I love C3PO and R2. They are my favourite. Thanks
    Best regards
    Eric Stalker
    (Moscow mule)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dear, I Have heard about it, and it was really a Fantastic Event. I Wish I will attend it next year. I am a huge fan of R2. This is one of my favorite. Thank you so much for Sharing this.

    Kind Regards
    Erie Tree Trimmers
    tree service erie pa

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!industrial robot integration

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this with us. I am glad, i have found your post while searching about kado voor mama

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good articles, Have you heard of LFDS (Le_Meridian Funding Service, Email: lfdsloans@outlook.com --WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740--lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) is as USA/UK funding service they grant me loan of $95,000.00 to launch my business and I have been paying them annually for two years now and I still have 2 years left although I enjoy working with them because they are genuine Loan lender who can give you any kind of loan.

    ReplyDelete